This policy covers the loss or damage to your household goods and personal effects caused by an insured peril. COLFIRE normally requires details pertaining to electronic equipment, personal computer and jewellery (a valuation may be required). Property used for a specific trade, profession or business is not covered.
ALL RISKS ON CONTENTS
You can also get insurance coverage for your jewellery and other valuables. This type of coverage is wider than coverage for the perils named above. It includes protection for your valuables lodged anywhere in Trinidad & Tobago, and not necessarily in your home.
The Household Policy - Insured Perils
A household policy covers a comprehensive range of perils which typically are:
- Fire, lightning, explosion
- Hurricane, earthquake, volcanic eruption
- Damage from aircraft or other aerial devices
- Theft (usually includes theft that does not involve entry or exit by forcible or violent means)
- Riot and strike
- Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus or pipes
- Impact by vehicles
- Malicious damage
- Breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fixtures
- Damage by falling trees or parts thereof.
We do have policies that also include:
- Collapse due to subsidence or landslip
- Smoke damage - provided it is sudden, unusual and accidental