ERA Terms and Conditions:
1. COLFIRE’s Emergency Roadside Assistance service is governed by the laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
2. Your service is for the period of your COLFIRE Motor Vehicle Insurance and is renewable annually. Fees paid are non-refundable.
3. You must produce your valid certificate of Motor Insurance to use the COLFIRE ERA services.
4. If your vehicle is required to be inspected and does not have a valid inspection certificate properly displayed on your vehicle, it can result in a refusal of service.
5. If there are any domestic animals in your vehicle, their transportation onward is at the service provider’s discretion and solely at your risk. We will not insure any animal if transportation onward is undertaken. Guide dogs for the blind however will always be transported with their owners.
6. Following a breakdown or accident attended by the Police or other emergency service, removal of your vehicle will not take place unless it has been authorised by the attending emergency service. If the police or emergency service concerned insists that the vehicle is towed away immediately by a third party, this cost must be covered by you.
7. COLFIRE's ERA service provider will use reasonable skill and care when providing their services.
8. COLFIRE's ERA will not be responsible to you for any indirect losses which you may incur as a result of acts or omissions by our service provider. This does not apply to any claim you have for death or personal injury.
9. COLFIRE's ERA may not be available if our service providers are prevented from performing their services due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control including and without limitations to: the activities of civil or government authorities, industrial disputes, acts of God or severe weather conditions.
10. We have the right to refuse to give service and/or cancel your ERA benefit if anyone using the ERA service behaves in a threatening or abusive manner to COLFIRE’s ERA service provider or is engaged in illegal activity, such as driving under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
11. Telephone calls to 800-4ERA may be monitored and/or recorded.
12. If the service you require is not provided for, under these terms, we will try to arrange it at your request and at your expense. The terms of any such service are a matter for you and the supplier.
13. We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at renewal of your policy.
14. If you have used our ERA service and you are dissatisfied in any way with any aspect of the service provided, you should bring this to our attention. You can contact us toll free at 800 CARE (2273). Send your comments via email to ERA@colfire.com or complete a Customer Feedback form available at any of our branch offices or online at our website www.colfire.com. We will deal promptly with your query.